Wednesday 1 September 2010

In which I do ok....

Short update for the week.

Played 5 sessions of NL50 live for a total profit of £280.

Played two tournaments also for a £60 loss.

I should have been up about £400 today but some quality hands like this:

Q7s in a limped pot I complete in SB.

Flop KQ7hh. I checkraise 3 players, one folds, two call.  Turn is an offsuit 2. With £60+ in the middle I jam for my remaining £45ish and get called in two spots. One has a straight draw, the other a flush draw with a blocker to the straight draw, I hold for a huge pot (~£180).

 I raise to £3.50 AA UTG+1

Called in 5 spots and flop is T45dd. SB leads £8 and I check (with 3 players to act behind) planning on 3betting when the aggro MP player raises (which he will). He makes it £20.50 and I'm ready to 3bet jam when I realise that he's put about half his stack in and he prolly commits the rest on the turn anyway when I can see it blank for free. Whilst I'm running over the options, the SB calls with £100+ behind. Now I can't really jam because the SB could be planning on jamming any non-diamond turn with a set/two pair. I call and the turn is a 2. It checks round, which is weird as fuck, was pretty sure now that SB had a hand like AT/KT/all other pairs and was trying to get to showdown as cheap as possible. Since the aggro MP player checks he now defo has a flush draw.

I river a wheel with the 3. I check-call a shove (once SB folds, I wanted to see what he did, just in case he played a set weird) and get shown J6dd for a bigger straight. Sigh. I should just jam on the flop with so much in the middle. Urgh.

I get most of that back later when....

 Well, only what I'd invested in the hand when MP player from before limps early, Scotty raises right behind, one caller and I threebet to £10.50 with AQs from the BB. Scotty asks how much I have behind and the limper jams for £35. Nobody has played KK like this since the mid-nineties. This is always midpairs and I'm always flipping. I make the obvious call and river an Ace. Scotty passed Jacks. MP limper had TT.

I get coolered when...

I call a small raise OTB with 78s, flop is K88. MP limper bets threestreets, I don't raise caus the board never gets drawy and I almost always have the best hand. MP almost always has like KJ from the way he plays and he ended up with A8. Sigh. I didn't even raise the river just in case. Pfffft. Guess I lost the minimum.

Later that evening, I make a straight and get max value when...

I call a small raise in LP with 89s, flop is 467, call a minbet on the flop, turn is the nut T and I make a thin value raise on the river when the board pairs the 6. Donk had flopped the straight and I take him for £40 or so. 

 4 hands later......


I open KK in EMP. Get 5 calls. Board is J62. I raise a donk from BB. He flats. Turn a 4 and we get it in. He has 43 for a pair and a gutshot. He gets there. Sigh. GG £120 pot.

Decent, but should have been so much better. Did have mint craic with Scotty all day though.

2 comments:

Gaz Walker said...

Must be nice to get good hands... :p

mulhuzz said...

Christ, I'm getting that rubdown from Waaaaalka? I'll be getting it from Keet next, at which point the universe will implode in shock! :p

Post a Comment