Friday 17 September 2010

Building a Door...

Milton Berle said:
If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.
I’ve built my door, kitted it out with the best, shiniest knocker you’ve ever seen and now we’ll go see if I can invite opportunity to come a-knockin’.

This Thursday, I’m flying out to Gibraltar to talk to some wonderful people about how I can streamline and improve upon their trust, safety and risk mitigation procedures, enabling them to become less risk averse (the consequence of having a well defined fraud prevention policy is that you can take a few more risks, which seems like it shouldn't be true, but it is!)

If the interview goes well, I hope to be in Gibraltar full time by the end of the year, maybe even sooner.

I'm really really excited by this opportunity, coming as it has at the perfect time with all the stuff that's going on at work at the moment. Working in the gaming and betting industry has obvious appeal to me, and the nature of the work fits both with my academic and working background, so there are obvious encouraging signs there and a whole load of transferable skills, too.

Anyway, I'm going to spend a few days out there, catch up with an old friend who's lived out there for a while now and enjoy a little bit of distraction from the situation here.  It should be pretty nice trip either way, and I hope that next time I'm blogging I can tell you all some good news.

Can I use your one time? Thanks, I might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment