Thursday 30 September 2010

In which I basically retire from live poker in Newcastle....

So last night I play Circus £20 doublechance and take all my chips at the start. Like an orbit in basically one of only 3 competent players at the table opens to 225 after a couple of limps from the CO, and I make it 725 behind with KK in the SB. He tank makes it 2100 leaving himself about 3k behind and I just jam.

I 3bet small because V is a good player, I guess. I don't know his name, but I think he might be Celia's boyfriend, maybe? Or something. Nice guy anyway. The point is he's capable of recognising my shove as being airy too, which only makes sense if I 3bet small. He has AKhh and sigh calls. There's an Ace in the window but somehow I find the one outer on the turn.

Stephen the Teacher is at my table and has been talking non-stop. I put Phil Collins on Spotify and I cans still hear him, so I change to Paramore, and that's a little better ;) For reference, most of the time I don't mind Stephen. He talks a lot, but is basically harmless and a lot of the time he's just such dead money it's ridic, so ofc I don't mind playing with him. For some reason though he's really tilting me. At 25/50 he makes it 700 and I call from my huge stack with 66 on the button. Bear in mind, I know 100% that Stephen has TT/JJ here, but I'm looking for nice boards to bluff or to set mine. On a Q35 board he leads 2k and I jam thinking I had loadsa fold equity. As ever, his overbet is 'I'm scared of something having got there already' but he calls announcing 'I think you have a Q but I can't fold'. I tell him he can fold, ofc, but he doesn't. No miracle 6ball and I'm back to 11k or so. (He had JJ, obv).

A couple of hands later I raise TT to 175 and get called in 4 spots. I cbet a AA9 board, get called by Gladys, check call the turn and a K on the river means I'm check folding. Gladys has like King high there a lot and I got rivered I think. Anyway, another small pot lost.

Some hands later I open early without looking at my cards simply because it's Stephen's big blind and he threebets me to 600. I instacall looking strong. I also think he has a small pair from his demeanour (I mean, it's not hard to read him).

Flop is 356ddd. He overbets the pot again, I look at my cards and decide, meh, this is prolly a set but his batshit bet just gave me equity to jam in this spot with my Jd4s. I jammed 8k or so and he SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS with.... 4d4h. Brilliant. Players can't pass a 4high flush draw. Mint. Obviously I brick and I'm out in the first level.

Well played Mulhuzz. Keep forgetting that you never have fold equity against retards.

Well, on the the NPF Champs in November, still no job news :(, and playing the £3r at the G tonight to get drunk. Excellent.

--Huzz

No comments:

Post a Comment