Monday 16 August 2010

In which I don't actually update much, at all...

So it's been about a week since I blogged last, and basically, I've not played any poker.

As part of my self-imposed exile until the G Cup at the end of the month, I've really just been taking time to guide my fantasy football team to glory (I've had a nightmare of a weekend, thanks for asking...) and generally hitting the job trail hard. I've applied for a couple of nice positions, and heard some positive things back from some other jobs that are in the pipeline. That's one part of my 'new hotness' done.

Other than that I've been working hard at work to fuck the auditors we've had in the office recently. Basically, this was an Operational Processes audit, and we scored 93%. Hold the fistpumping and cartwheeling though folks, we still failed. You can file that under W for 'What. The. Fucking. Fuck.' (indeed, I have). Apparently it's appropriate to have a scoring system that prohibits the passing of said audit. I'm appealing, obviously, especially in the light of the fact that nobody in the UK has ever scored more than 85%, and they still thought we failed here. Fuck them, tbh.

My parents are on holiday currently, so I'm spending a good amount of time at their place looking after things and enjoying the big screen TV, just a shame I have to work tonight and can't see NUFC get tanked away to Man-fucking-Yooo as they're known in my house. Actually, Rooney's in my fantasy football team, so if we have to get tanked, please let him score all the goals.

Stuff I'm reading today:

German singer Nadja Benaissa apologises at HIV trial
This is a pretty interesting article, and actually, the law as it applies to the UK is interesting. Ideas of consent and intent play heavily on the judiciary in deciding such cases. As I think I've mentioned before, the idea of the Criminal Law is that which most appeals to me, and should I ever work as a solicitor, it'd be for the Crown as a Prosecutor. Just unfortunate that they are in the midst of a 3 year hiring freeze which isn't likely to get better anytime soon.


Spotify SVP Paul Brown leaves for new startup
Please don't be the beginning of the end for Spotify. I love them. Even though I don't have a phone to use it on, thanks, Carphone Warehouse, you bunch of cunts. That's another story entirely, though. I should point out that nothing in this post should be construed as liabliing Carphone Warehouse. Your complete and utter moronic treatment of me means that this comment would fall under the defense of Fair Comment. For the avoidance of doubt, no malice is either intended or inferred. Ok, rant over.


Stephen Fry's Newspaper
In the words of Scroobius Pip, "thou shall not question Stephen Fry". That being the case, get reading.

I'll leave you with the image a colleague drew of me. On a whiteboard. In the middle of the office:



Awesome Sauce.

Peace, Love and Grapes,

--mulhuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment