Thursday 22 July 2010

In which I reflect...

So I've just returned from London to see my brother graduate from KCL with a degree in Portuguese and Brazilian studies. We pretty much had an awesome time down there, although London is *expensive*, especially when you're bankrolling my brother for the few days anyway!

Coming back though, I got to thinking about what I've done since I graduated, which is basically the sum total of fuck all. As I outlined in my original post, I was planning on changing that, but actually, I don't think I've done a great deal. So it's time for action. Here's the new hotness:

1. Apply to sit my solicitors exams. Even if I don't take them because of some other reason, getting motivated to start studying the law again is a good idea. Exams are there to be crushed!

2. Send out 7 CVs/applications a week to KILLER jobs. No fucking around with 'a change is as good as a rest' jobs. I want something KILLER. I want the moon on a fucking stick. Yip, right now. I've found one that I really want and the outlook is promising but I can't say too much about it now, lest I look a dick when I fuck the interview up. What I will say is that it requires me to move abroad and in an industry that is closely tied to poker. I'll have some of that!

3. Get the fuck out of a call centre. I'm not blowing my own trumpet here, but I'm completely wasted here. I don't get out of neutral to do this job, add shit loads of value to the account, but don't get appropriately rewarded. That must change!

4. Get practicing my Dutch and French. Right now it's a disgrace that I've let these linger to the point of almost complete rustiness. Just because I speak German everyday at work doesn't give me the excuse to not keep up with the other languages. Use 'em or lose 'em!

5. Spend more time outside instead of on the grind outside work. Sunshine and football ftw!

So that's basically my 5 step plan to pay it forward over the summer.

Hopefully I'll actually be able to stick to it, bink an unreal job/get accepted to take solicitors' exams/enjoy sun.

Wish me lots of rungooooood.

--mulhuzz

1 comment:

koyte said...

will keep reminding ya of the master plan

Post a Comment