Monday 19 July 2010

In which my run good stops, maybe.

A quick update from the last weekend or so.

On Thursday, I *somehow* get persuaded to play the mayhem that is the £3 rebuy tournament at the G. With a 1k starting stack, and a table of maniacs, I was quickly in for ten rebuys or so. At the break, I had a massive 4k stack knowing that I needed to double up. This soon came when I get lucky with A4 (vs AJ) and from there I started to crush, winning every flip and 60%er. In the end though, I couldn't beat the bigger luckboxes and came third for £100. Not bad, I guess.  It was quite fun, I guess, and I met Sculph from the NPF for the first time, who's a nice guy and plays good too.

Afterwards, I then sit at cash and run horrendous, having some herotard limp-4bet me with A2o and getting there against my QQ, and having the same herotard then later getting there with 67o (again, limp calling my 3bet) against my AA. Still, I do manage to profit about £60 from the night by playing perfect and making sicko value bets all night.

For the next few days, I head to Coventry for a piss up because a friend of mine has just graduated and it's celebration time for sure. £1 gin and lemonades should be fucking illegal. Dangerous times, and capable of causing a two day hangover for sure. They wouldn't let me buy the bottle though, because apparently that encourages 'binge drinking'. *sigh* *irony* *etc*

Anyway, after a fucking amazing weekend on the piss, and a horrid hangover (note to self: Flake ice creams, whilst delicious, do not cure hangovers...) I get back into Newcastle just in time for the break in the Circus £2000 gtd £20/£20. This is such an awesome game, with a great structure. Even coming in three levels late, I'd have t12000 at 100/200, which is a pretty nice 60BB. Early doors, I start to increase my stack when I open AQhh from the button and Gary Collins (SB) calls, and Mark Trett (BB) then threebets me. I think Mark can be light a lot of the time here, and I consider just moving all in. The only problem with that is that I might find the top of his range. Ha. I don't like the idea of flatting because then I'm valueing Garry into the pot. In the end, I flat and Garry passes. Flop comes 9 high, two hearts, Mark leads and I just jam for value. If he has JJ then fine, we can flip. He passes AK pretty quickly.

I also get a couple of brilliant bluffs through vs Garry Collins and Big Stumpy (missed diamonds, bet the river in position), and Anton (he limps pre, I raise with Azbo, he calls, he bets 4k of a 12k stack on flop of Qxx, I shove for more than Anton, he folds, I show him the Azbo). I then obviously lose a monster pot with AQ on a KQx board against the most obvious JT in the world, but later I win a huge pot when I open early with TT, I call threebets to 6k (blinds are 400/800, I think) and someone shoves for 8k total. I isojam for value, and as I'm doing so, I see Icall has a 7 in his hand. He claims I looked at his cards, but whatever, it's a standard shove against him anyway, and he should protect his cards. He passes 77 and the board runs out 9x7xx vs AQ and I'm up to 40k again.

Then comes the most standard hand of the night ever. There are about 18 left and I open AA UTG to 3300 at 600/1200, Paul Nixon flats behind and we both see a 456 flop. I lead for 3500 with 8400 in the middle and Paul makes it about 11k. I jam for like 35k effective. He calls and tables 88. Obviously he gets there on the river with the 7 ball and I can't do anything more with 2.5BB when KQ < A7 in the BB next hand. Honestly I think Paul played that hand horrendously. I don't know what he thinks he's beating when I jam, obviously one of those where people convince themselves I'm spazzing with AK. Obviously I'm delighted with the call, just disappointed with the runbadddddd. Meh. Anyway, I don't think I've ever won this Sunday night game, and I should have had a better go at it last night than I did. Nm.

Peace, love and grapes,

--mulhuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment