Thursday 20 May 2010

Lost Momentum

So, welcome to my blog.

'À la recherche de l'élan perdu' translates somewhat loosely as 'in search of lost momentum'. It's a particularly telling title because, almost 3 years after graduating from University, I'm still in the same job, still living in the area I grew up, and still monstrously bored. More than that, I feel stuck; almost on the verge of having an utterly clichéd (mid-) life crisis -- which I'd be far too young to pull off properly.

I'm hoping that blogging about my experiences of how I lost my momentum in life will help me regain it. I'm hoping that I can find that force, that classic impulse, which will move me forward.


So what should you expect?

I play cards. I'm not a bad player, but not good enough that I don't have to work. I'll post about that pretty frequently, particularly as I attempt to get a serious roll going. I'm currently grinding the low stakes SnGs in order to rebuild a roll online after a somewhat misguided interpretation of bankroll management. More information on that is here

Anything Else?

Well. I'm fairly multilingual so expect to see the odd post in French, German, Dutch or some equally impossible language.

I'm a fan of the (in)glorious Newcastle United FC so I expect I'll post about them. Frequently, during the Premiership season.

I'm almost entirely computer dumb. That's like saying that I can recognise all of the parts of the web, but I couldn't reproduce them, even if my life depended on it. In that respect, don't expect much more than very basic formatting on my posts.

My thoughts wander, randomly, all the time. I'll vaguely recall past memories and future possibilities, so coherence is probably not my strong suit. (a slight nod to Marcel Proust, author of the marvelous 'À la recherche du temps perdu' whose title I've nicked). You can expect that I'll start having a very inconsistent and, frankly, crap, writing style, and after a time I'll reach the level of complete and utter mediocrity where I shall remain till the end of my days.

For now, I suppose that's enough of an introduction.

Peace,

--mulhuzz

1 comment:

Daniel Trett said...

Great Intro Marc. I'm looking forward to reading this, should be interesting so please keep it up & don't forget about it like others do. Best of luck with everything mate. Thanks for the link up, I've done the same.

Post a Comment