Sunday 23 May 2010

A little bit of HU Cash action

So I got home from work this morning after a not so taxing nightshift, and decided to play a few SnGs and mix in a few 45 mans as well.  I fired up my first set and it quickly became clear that today was not my day.

I was getting coolered and outdrawn all over the place, so I took the loss on the chin (just one measly 3rd place from my set of 6), went for a shower and came back. I thought about opening some of the 45mans I'd promised myself, but I wasn't really calling correctly in the push-fold modes and I certainly wasn't winning flips so I decided not to bother.

Still, I wasn't tired, so I thought I'd play some HU cash to keep me entertained. I opened two tables of 50NL (50BB max) tables as I think I have a bigger edge in this game than I do in the slightly deeper version because people are willing to gamble a little more.

I ended up playing the same dude on both tables, and short of two coolerings (I have Ah on a 2h3h5h6h board, he has 4h) and 4 betting KQ and getting it in on a KQ5 board (he snaps with 55) I completely dominated. Some of the hands were just ridic.  I made a point of calling his raises prF pretty light and rarely three betting. When I did three bet, I three bet for value 70% of the time and as a bluff 30% of the time. On most flops, I was pretty content to check flops back to him and make a decision on later streets.

Dude was so happy to see me check flops OOP that he kept three barrelling and I kept calling down with middle pair, bottom pair, K high, etc. He really made it easy for me. If he had it, he'd bet 3/4s pot or so, and if he didn't have anything, including draws, he'd bet 1/3 pot or less. Incredi-predictable.

One hand, he raised button and I flat with K4ss. Flop comes 425r and I check-call. I check call the 9 turn too, and it's pretty obvious he has air from his bet sizing. Pot is about $6 and the river is a rather delicious 4. I decide I could check to induce bluffs, but I've been doing that a lot, so I tank shove for the $25 effective. He snaps with Queen high. Thanks. Fool.

A couple of examples I already converted:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($36.40)
SB ($50.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, A
SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $0.75 I'm not three betting A3o here because he's gonna call pretty light and I can get value from A high hands far more when I just flat as opposed to 3betting.

Flop: ($2.50) Q, Q, 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $1.55, Hero calls $1.55

Turn: ($5.60) 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $2.15, Hero calls $2.15

River: ($9.90) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $3.70, Hero calls $3.70 Standard c-c all the way. I considered a raise for value on the end to let him pay me with K high, but he's prone to spazz and could have shoved so I c-c.


Total pot: $17.30 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
SB had 9, 8 (one pair, Queens).
Hero had 3, A (one pair, Queens).
Outcome: Hero won $16.80


PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($45.55)
SB ($38.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7
SB bets $1.25, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $1.25 -- Pretty standard 3bet with any pair 55+.

Flop: ($5) 6, J, 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $2, SB calls $2  -- Pretty safe board and if V is floating or on draw he always just flats. He raises any J and lots of 8s.

Turn: ($9) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $5.30, Hero calls $5.30 -- Again, I check to induce a bluffing range on the turn and river. V is prone to 3barrelling me. I would normally c-r this turn, but I know V bets so many rivers for me.

River: ($19.60) J (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $14.05, Hero calls $14.05 -- well, there's no way he has a Jack, so it's either some spazzy 82o or complete air. This is the one time he bet more than half pot with nothing. I still snapped. Far too many spazz hands in his range.

Total pot: $47.70 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
SB had 9, K (one pair, Jacks).
Hero had 7, 7 (two pair, Jacks and sevens).
Outcome: Hero won $47.20

My fave. 6 hands after he got the straight flush, this occurs:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($29.45)
SB ($65.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 6
SB bets $1.25, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.50) 10, 3, K (2 players)
Hero bets $1, SB raises to $3.85, Hero calls $2.85

Turn: ($10.20) 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $6.35, Hero calls $6.35

River: ($22.90) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $20.70, Hero calls $18 (All-In)

Total pot: $58.90 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
SB had 4, Q (high card, King).
Hero had 10, 6 (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero won $58.40

I continued to check-call most boards and he continued 3 barrelling and stacking off to me so light.

Thanks for a pretty easy $150 for the session.

Right, enough now. Sleep before work again tonight.

Gl at the tables,


--mulhuzz

2 comments:

Youngnufc said...

MBN to find such a station mate!!!

nice post

mulhuzz said...

think i got pretty lucky finding this dude. I've got him noted, and if I see him again, it's an auto sitdown ;)

Post a Comment