Monday 24 May 2010

It wasn't supposed to be this way....

So after my adventures in no sleep land, I slept until 7pm on Monday which made me feel super refreshed and ready to hit the G for the £10 turbo game. As I've already wrapped this league up with a week to spare, I thought I'd go in, play like a champion, and show everybody why I've won.

That's not exactly what happened. On my table I have Rob Charlton and Ian Bertram (Nemesis), the only two capable players and pretty early on they get involved in a nice pot, and Rob folds 2pair to Ian's riverbet. I'm one million percent certain that Ian was bluffing though. With Ian in that kind of mood, he can be tough to play against, so I decide I'm not going to get into any big pots with Rob or Ian, and just take chips from the table morons, of which there are many!

2nd level: Blinds 50/100, stack 10,000.

I'm in the SB with A3hh, and there are 7 limpers. I give a speech about what a perfect hand to squeeze I have, then just complete. BB checks and we see the flop of:

3d 3c 7c.

BINGO!!! I check, thinking someone will bet a club draw, a seven, any pair they've limped in with, or just bet with position (button is a moron, as is cut-off).

BB checks, everyone checks. Sigh.

Turn Js.

I lead 300 into a 700 pot. BB insta minraises to 600. Excellent. He has a three. Let's try and get this in. Player in mid position then makes it 3000 so I just shove, expecting a call from the BB and maybe a call from MP with like AJ or KJ or even J7.

BB snaps, with 35o. MP snaps with JJ!!!! Wtf?!?!?!!?!?!? Could he have played that any worse?!?! Wow.

So there we go. It wasn't supposed to be this way. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment