Friday 18 June 2010

Sigh, Decent, But Sigh

So I wanted to recap my week.

It starts with doing ok in the Monday game at Circus, before going card dead, sigh. I finally 3bet ship 4 handed with A9o from the SB after Brennan's button open. Standard ship for my 10BBs, but he has AA, sigh. Thanks Brennan, happy birthday me. Still take £70 for fourth though. Can't really remember much about the tournament, before I go on to crush at cash for another £100 or so, through till the early hours with George and Lewis and playing DC. George gets there with 72 against my TT in the last hand of the night, so I decide I need sleep and go home as it's now 'officially' my birthday, and I want to go out on the lash the next night. 7am is more than good enough for me to go home!

The next night, I get fucking wankered, lose everyone in Madam Koo's and head to Circus for 45 mins, maybe an hour, win a proper internet hand with AKdd all in on a 8d 3x 4d Jd board for over £200 against 88 and 44. lol. Brick the river one time please sir, thanks, ship it! First time I've ever put the straddle on and woken up with a hand!! That was nice, ldo. I then go find the rest of the lads and get more drunk, before heading to get food and home. As we're in the take away, some dude (asian rudeboy wannabe gangster) tries to pay for a bottle of water with a £50 note, so he's immediately labelled 'cock' obv and then tries to talk to me. I tell him to fuck off, he pulls a knuckleduster out, I laugh in his face, as do all the lads I'm with. He offers me out, I step outside, he doesn't follow, I laugh more. Police arrive, he's knicked for possession of a little baggy of pills and for being a ladytard with a weapon. I laugh more.

Weds I head to Aspers for cash, lose a little with AK < QQ aipf (other guy was shortstacking, I 3bet from button over CO raise, he shoves, I call getting 90million to one, he wins). Then the game is going to break up, because there's a £11 sng announced as a satellite for the Nifty Fifty which started the Aspers game.

I absolutely crush this, I slow roll Barry because I've misread my hand, he was furious and I was super apologetic, but what can I say? I was hungover to fuck and spades and clubs look similar. I thought I was tank calling with a bare 8 on the end of a 4 spade board, rechecked my hand, I have As8c. Sorry Barry, I have the nuts, I call. He shows Ks2s. That's what happens when you call my raises with tripe. I slowroll you with the nuts. lol.

I then win a huge flip on the bubble when I hit one of my 2389028392839 outs on the river to make broadway after I shove button with AJs and BB tank calls 77. He had slightly less than me, and the chip leader (Benoit, not Bruno as I've been calling him!) had 2x me, so it's a pretty spewy call imo, but there we go, I was happy to go to the river needing any pair, any heart and any 9/K for my double gutter. K ball one time.

So to the Nifty. I have a pint with Ian 'Nemesis' Bertram pre game, and then catch up briefly with the Tretts. Unfortunately, they don't buy my claims that the game is cancelled and Dan goes on to take the lions share of the chop. I should've tried harder, obviously. Well done Dan!

For my part, I never get going, totally card dead and only win one pot of note pre break when I turn a flush and win a medium size pot from two tards. I lead the turn for 1500 into 3500 when one tard has 2200 total. I should have checked as he tank folds. Sigh. I'm up to about 9000 from 6000 at the break but still totally card dead.

After the break, I know that 100/200, 200/400 and 300/600 are really the levels where it's make or break for me. At 100/200 I manage to lose the minimum with 44 on a 467T hhh board when I check fold the turn to be shown 77.  Kinda butchered it, caus I check-called the flop planning to check-raise most turn cards. Worst card ever comes off, I don't have enough chips to bet fold though, so check-fold it is as there is literally nothing I'm beating.

I then get super card dead some more, all the way to 300/600 when I have about 6500. I've had difficulty finding spots because all the shorties on the table are too my right, so they often get in the pot before me. In the BB, I pick up 45o when my BB is raised from MP again! Brennan flats behind and I immediately peg him for a hand like AJ/AQ/55 etc. When he flats, I note that the raiser looks nervous, and annoyed that he's gonna be outta position. With a flat caller behind him, he has to be huge to call my shove (because he has only 9000 total) so I just shove because there's like 2800 in the middle and my tight image should make brennan fold out lots of hands in his range. Obviously I get tank called in one spot with an announcement of 'ok, I'll gamble' and then Brennan tank folds AQ. I read him so good. lol. Obviously I'm up against KQo and the first two cards give me the world with 23, then the board pairs and runs a K on the turn and I miss my up and down for the win. Sigh. I don't think I played too badly, but I just didn't know what to do with no hands at all and no spots. Meh.

So there we are. A weekly round-up. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Daniel Trett said...

Another good read Marc, really enjoyed this blog since it's launch. Keep up the good work ;-)

Post a Comment