Monday 14 June 2010

In which I smash all boards ever in the face, and somehow conspire to lose.

First of all, before I get ranty, let me just say wpwpwpwpwpwpwp and shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip it to Rosco for winning the Coral British Masters Leeds game this weekend. I'm sure he'll be reporting more on this over at his blog. Well played sir, and super well deserved.

Ok then, on to the rant. So I'm off work, fancy playing some cards so head over to Aspers for a little cashytao action. The game is just getting underway as I rock up, so sit for £50 with Stephen Craik (terribad), a French lad called Bruno(?) (nice guy, good player, v capable and thinks I'm a total shark thanks to some brilliant speech play by James BOTR Howard...lol) and the usual collection of Chinese/Asian donks. I get building a nice stack early when I make a good call with TT on a K9xxx 2 heart board against Bruno. I also turn the nuts against a shortstacking Stephen and get paid off when I donkbet shove the river. I nitroll some other dude when after I lot of limps I pop it with AQo in the cut off. Get a couple of callers, and flop is Q8x 2heart board and my c-bet is check called in one spot. Now the pot is like £15 and the check caller in the hijack leads for like £3.50 on a K turn. It looks so milky I start wondering if he has a set, and he only has £20 back. I flat call because he always calls with sets, and always passes everything in his range that I beat, I think. On the river, a really bad J (because now all the queens he can conceivably have check/called and fired with now all have 2 pair. *sigh*. Any way, he bets £5.50 on the end, so I kinda nitroll call and he had A8. Ok, I can't raise for value I suppose, but just, wow.

So anyway, I'm crushing and playing pretty super when some tard raises early to £3, and I repop to £14 with AdKd in the hijack. Bruno, on the button, tells me this is a great spot for him to 4bet me, but passes (I'd have snapped, ldo) and the tard calls.

I turbo smash the K96dd board in the face, and the tard checks, having thought about betting, and I insta think 'draw' so I just shove. He calls and I'm shown the might QJo. Ten on the turn ldo and I obv miss the river diamond. Sigh. Wp sir, you play so ossm. I'm then told by two other players that they passed a ten. No diamonds. Mbn to be one outed.

So anyway, next hand I find AKo so I raise to £3.25 with the straddle and get called in 5 spots. I bet £10 on the K93r flop and some tard shoves for £16 total. I call and he shows KJo. Jack on the river, ldo. 3 outed. Back to back. Yip, nice hand, you played it awful ('i thought you were steaming', 'so shove pre, you have no fold equity and never have the best hand otf', 'what's fold equity', 'sigh')

So, there we are, gg profit, and I take a small £4 profit from playing like a hero.

I refuse to be tilted by this though, I played completely awesome, I think, and right now I feel I'm playing better than I ever have before. Within the next couple of months I'm going to be really working on my live tournament and cash game and by the end of the summer I hope to have played in (and scooped) a major live tournament like the DTD deepstack. I didn't think I was ever good enough in this kind of game, but recently a couple of people I really respect have said nice things about my game (you know who you are) and convinced me that I might well just be good enough value to take some shots. When I do, I'll probably sell some action, so I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for reading, comments appreciated.

GL at the tables,

--mulhuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment