Tuesday 5 October 2010

Aspers Nifty Fifty Report

So here we are again.

Since I'm moving abroad I'm a complete money nit at the minute, but still really wanted to play the 'big 3' tournaments this month:

1. Asper's Nifty Fifty £500 Added
2. Circus Nifty Fifty £1000 Added
3. Circus Deepstack Fifty £500 Added

With my nitting in mind, I quickly sold some action in the spread of games and once again Nemesis backed me and was joined by Knerrad in completing out the £100 stake at 60/40 return in their favour.

So last night was the first of the spread and I rocked up to get a nice starting table of several retards, one studenty aggro online player, Rosco and Rachel Costa. I'm stuck in the 3 hole between Rosco and Rachel and looking forward to the fun.

Within the first level I 3bet AK twice and fold on Jxx and Qxx boards to retards who so obviously had AJ and KQ that I wanted to spew a little. I'm annoyed and then when I have to fold JJ on a QxxT board against QTo lol I'm down to about 5k from the 8k starting stack and get a little tilty when this hand occurs.

AggroStudent makes it 150 UTG and I pick up two separate weakness tells so folded to me in the Hijack I threebet in the dark. The button (complete looooon, lost most of his stack already) calls and I'm not concerned about him at all. The flop comes down K9Tr and I get checked to. I sneakily checked a peek at 88 and lead 2/3s pot. I get shoved on by the button and, as predicted, the aggrostudent folds. Unfortunately it's only like 90p more into 80mirrrion so I call and get shown K4s. Nice life. 8 on the turn is pretty sweet though.

Still within the first level there are two limpers and Aggro makes it 375 in MP. Rosco flats the SB and I find a nice life with AA in the BB. I make it 1275 and then get a speech about respect from first limper (who folds QJcc...lol pls call?) AggroStudent then tank folds, which annoys me, I thought my 3bet with 88 (he doesn't know I was blind) would get me a 4bet like 80% of the time here. To my absolute surprise Rosco then sticks half his stack in. As Dan Trett said to me last night, I can't really continue in the hand without turning my hand faceup whichever way I play it, so I just jam and somehow Rosco folds. I still don't know what he had, he has to call with like all his bluffs given the odds so I guess it was a hand like QQ/KK since he wasn't getting 4 to 1 to call with those (since I always have AA here). Although I don't squeeze that often, he can be playing smallball with QQ/KK. Flop is AKx anyway so I either get em all or none on the flop so shoving pre prolly the best line.

From then, I go pretty card dead for about 80 years. Standard, and can't find any spots. At the break I have 15k, and after the break I'm just finding onehand per orbit to steal the blinds with, including 64dd UTG+1 which was pretty nice. At 300/600 I call a 4bet jam vs Aggro with AJo (same weakness tell as before) and he shows the same hand, and then at 400/800 I get AQs UTG and run into BB with...AQ lol chop chop...

Anyway, I then open to 2200 with A8ss in the hijack looking for my onehand per round, get shoved on for 4k, call and lose a race vs 55. Down to about 8k at this point which is 10BB with blinds about to go up.  Next round OTB Aggro opens and, again, I know he's weak. T8dd is a standard resteal there, BB passes like AJ and Aggro sigh calls with A9o. I flop the OESD, turn a flushdraw and have 20 outs going to the river. I don't run good enough and I'm out.

Pretty happy with how I played and a couple of times early if boards come Axx (with AK vs AJ) and not Jxx then I get stacks. Just sucks when you can't run well at all (8s aside lol).

Still. Off we go tonight with leg II of Mulhuzz's plan to bink.

Peace,

--huzz

No comments:

Post a Comment